Top 5 job search tips
Knowing how to get a job is not always easy if you have limited experience in the job market, but there are some things everyone can do to increase their chances.
- Get networking. Many people find jobs from people they know rather than traditional means such as job adverts. Talk to family, friends and other people you know to find out where work might be on offer.
- Attract employers. Rather than hunting down jobs, consider getting potential employers to come to you. Post your CV online and you could save yourself a lot of time and effort job hunting.
- Target companies. Look at the organisations which might make a good employer and hone in on them. This may mean you only look at the big employers in your area or it might mean that you look into one sector only but on a nationwide basis.
- Remain positive. We all get a few knock backs when looking for work. Don’t take it personally if you are rejected or don’t even get a response because it is probably not because of anything you have done wrong.
- Find hidden vacancies. Many jobs can be landed before they are advertised if you can get in quickly. Look into internal recruitment and seek out word-of-mouth advice as good ways of getting your foot in the door early.
Knowing how to find a job is a skill in itself. Once you have been successful in landing a job, you will find that the process becomes easier if you ever find yourself looking for employment again.
June 28, 2018
October 23, 2017